- Species Common Name Great Basin Redband Trout
- Species Scientific Name Oncorhynchus mykiss newberrii
- Federal Listing Status Species of Concern
- State Listing Status Sensitive
- SMU/ESU/DPS/Subspecies Upper Klamath Basin SMU, Klamath Mountains Province ESU
The East Cascade ecoregion extends from the Cascade Mountains’ summit east to the warmer, drier high desert and down the length of the state. This ecoregion varies dramatically from its cool, moist border with the West Cascades ecoregion to its dry eastern border, where it meets sagebrush desert landscapes.
The West Cascades ecoregion extends from east of the Cascade Mountains summit to the foothills of the Willamette, Umpqua, and Rogue Valleys, and spans the entire length of the state of Oregon. It is largely dominated by conifer forests, moving into alpine parklands and dwarf shrubs at higher elevations.